We continue to search for solutions that make life easier for people living with an autoimmune disease.
We aim to improve the lives of people with autoimmune diseases.
For more than 20 years, we have offered treatment options and support that help patients to manage their chronic diseases and improve their quality of life.
Our work in Immunology
Our goal is to achieve treatment advances that enable patients with autoimmune diseases - chronic inflammatory rheumatic diseases, chronic inflammatory bowel diseases and chronic inflammatory skin diseases - to enjoy a better quality of life. For more than 20 years, we have worked every day to achieve this goal. This includes our commitment to prevention and early detection as well as our partnership with various physician and patient organizations.
In order to gain new insights into various disease patterns and contribute to continuous quality improvement in the treatment of autoimmune diseases, MSD invests in clinical research and also supports medical research projects of other organizations.
In Switzerland, we are sponsoring:
- the SCQM database of the "Swiss Clinical Quality Management in Rheumatic Diseases" foundation, whose data are incorporated into the national registry for inflammatory rheumatic diseases.
- the patient registry eSwiss IBD Cohort Study (eSIBDC) of IBDnet (Swiss Research and Communication Network on Inflammatory Bowel Disease).
The collected data are available for research in long-term observational studies.
MSD as a partner
We are continuously developing materials and offering services that can facilitate physicians' daily practice and the dialog with their patients. The apps mySCQM and iBDialog, developed and provided in partnership with MSD, are two examples.
In addition, we have been working closely with physician and patient organizations for many years and are involved in projects that benefit patients in Switzerland. These include
- ruecken-schmerz.ch as part of an educational campaign about the chronic inflammatory disease ankylosing spondylitis (Bechterew's disease).
- rheumafit.ch - an online platform with exercise videos for those affected by the chronic inflammatory rheumatic disease ankylosing spondylitis (Bechterew's disease).
- Supporting activities on the annual World IBD Day to promote public understanding and awareness of people with inflammatory bowel disease.
Our key therapeutic areas
Chronic inflammatory bowel disease in which inflammation is confined to the colon.
We push for further advances in treatment and remain committed to help IBD patients live the best lives possible.
Dr. Ulrike Thull
Commercial Lead Mid Europe & Switzerland, Immunology · MSD Switzerland
Our online platforms for patients and physicians
Anyone affected by an autoimmune disease desires information, advice and support. For this reason, we offer patients easy-to-understand knowledge about their disease and tips for everyday life. For healthcare professionals, we offer the latest scientific information and tools for their daily practice in our web portal.
Online platform for patients
msd-gesundheit.ch is an online platform exclusively for patients.
It contains information about various diseases, explanations of causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options. In addition, the website offers tips for everyday life and a magazine with current health topics. In the protected area, patients who receive a medication from MSD receive specific information about their therapy.
Online platform for physicians
mymsd.ch is the MSD web portal exclusively for healthcare professionals.
It offers information on MSD medicines, study summaries as video and PDF, current publications on the safety and efficacy of MSD medicines, access to the online store for ordering MSD products, information material for physicians and patients, and much more.